Cloud computing is the availability of resources related to computers mainly data storage according to the demand of the user.
The term cloud computing first appeared in 1996 in Compaq internal Document.
Cloud computing became popular after the release of “Elastic compute technology” in 2006 by Amazon.com.
As the Internet progressed, many new concepts were born. One of them was the concept of cloud computing.
Where did the word cloud come from? In the world of computers, we store the information we want in the clouds, in an unknown place, instead of directly on the computer, and get it when we need it. So this is known as cloud computing.
What is cloud computing? job opportunities, skil1s, advantages, and disadvantages
Just as it is enough to understand the rough concept of clouds, it is enough to have the information we need to be stored somewhere and we can get it when we want it. This means that your information is no longer stored on your computer’s hard disk or even on your pen drive.
That information will be stored in the cloud provided by Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and many other companies. From there it will be made available whenever you want. Also, if you fill in new information or make changes to existing information, changes will be made accordingly in the same place in the cloud. The main advantage of this is that you can easily get your information from anywhere and on any computer or smartphone.
Why cloud computing important in the future?
Cloud computing was born out of the idea that information stores around the world are growing at an alarming rate and that information stores should be able to be accessed from anywhere, anytime, rather than storing them at random information. This technology later used for a variety of purposes.
For example, the main job of a bank is to look after the business. This has become impossible in recent times without the provision of state-of-the-art computer facilities. So the bank has to hire software and hardware related technologies for its computer work. Also, the bank has to worry a lot about what kind of hardware to buy, what kind of software to use, and so on. By avoiding this to some extent, the bank can only use cloud computing technology.
This means that the bank can focus its attention on its core business by awarding its work to a technology company. The concept is very appealing to small businesses as well as websites. The task of purchasing expensive hardware, maintaining it, backing up information regularly, constantly taking care of the server running smoothly is now the work of experts in these fields using cloud computing. Naturally, the use of this type of technology will continue to grow in the future. Cloud computing is all about whether you use features like “Google Docs” or “OneDrive”.
Cloud computing technology has many subtypes. This includes
- building a cloud server.
- maintaining it.
- keeping the cloud secure.
- keeping it up to date.
- adding to it over time.
- updating it with new technologies.
There is a great need for people who can do this in the future. For this, you need to know how the computer network works, how the server computer works, how to take care of them, how to solve the problems in it, etc. These courses include Microsoft Windows or Linux server administration.
Of course, this training is not enough. In fact, it is very important to try these things. This means that after completing this type, of course, at least two-three years of experience in the companies that are using this technology will be ready to enter cloud computing. They do not mind learning specific topics related to cloud computing.
In general, for those who are not very fond of programming; But it is also an ideal area for people who like to work with the server, take care of the network. It is very easy for people who want to do “system administration”
Now for them, computing has become the next step. You don’t even need to do engineering for this. It takes more work to actually work here than the concept.
Which employment opportunities
1) There is nothing special about programming in the field of cloud computing. This field is for people who are interested in hardware networking, system administration. Because programming in cloud computing is not much different from the usual programming. For that, it is enough to learn some tricks. People who work in hardware, networking, servers can get into computing with a little education.
2) There are ample opportunities for trained people in these software companies, big companies, co-operative societies. There will be a huge increase in such opportunities in the future.
3) Different companies have very different technologies in terms of cloud computing. You just have to be more discriminating with the help you render toward other people.
For example, there is a big difference between Amazon Cloud, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Cloud. So there is no point in insisting on learning all this. It is better to keep in mind the goal of learning only one of these techniques and gaining proficiency in it.
Certification by various renowned companies
Professional Cloud Architect – Google
A Professional Cloud Architect helps organizations to maximize the use of Google Cloud technologies. With a thorough understanding of cloud architecture and Google Cloud Platform, the architect can design, develop, and manage strong, secure, highly available, and dynamic solutions to fulfill the business objectives.
About this certification exam
- Time 2hrs
- registration fees 200$
- Language Japanese and English only
- Exam mode MCQs(single or multiple choice)
- Recommended experience: 3+ years of industry experience including 1+ years designing and managing solutions using GCP.
IBM Cloud Platform V4 Solution Architect
An IBM Certified Solution Architect – Cloud is a person who can design, plan and architect a Cloud Solution on IBM Cloud. They can do this with limited assistance from support, documentation, and/or relevant subject matter experts.
- Time 90 mins
- Language English only
- Language English only
- Exam mode MCQs(single or multiple choice)
Microsoft certificate solutions expert
There are various courses for various posts. Hence the fees and other fields may vary.
Amazon cloud certification
AWS Certification validates cloud expertise to help professionals highlight in-demand skills and organizations build effective, innovative teams for cloud initiatives using AWS. Choose from diverse certification exams by role and specialty designed to empower individuals and teams to meet their unique goals.
Advantages of cloud computing
- Accessibility: You can get your data anywhere, anytime in this world. The only requirement is your login id, password, and strong internet access.
- No hardware requirement: Everything is stored on the company server hence no need to buy extra hardware.
- Easy Modification: You can easily modify your store data.
- Very flexible: You can choose to store plans according to your requirement. Ex: If I have my website hosted on Hostinger and as the time passes there is more traffic arriving on my website and the server cannot handle it, In this situation I can go for premium plans.Which allows faster search and handles more traffic at a single time.
Disadvantages of cloud computing
- Unavailability of features: Every cloud company is different. Some provide various features at a low price some at a high price.
- Downtown: It is one of the main disadvantages of cloud computing. Service outage may occur due to any problems. Like the Internet, electricity, or any natural calamity.
- Security and privacy: Any company will say its security is best. But In this world Hackers also exist they can hack these servers and steal your information or data.
- Costs: Some time the cost of cloud plans is more than physical devices like HDD or SSD.
Cloud computing has lot of scope in future. So those students who are interested in servers and hardware they can surely pursue carrier in this stream.