In our solar system, the only life on Earth is estimated. It will not take time to change our growing population and environment. Therefore, we are looking for a new planet where humans can spend their life ahead.
Is there water on any planet today? Can it be made to stay on a planet? We will get answers to these questions only after exploring the other plants and hence every country tries to launch its own Mars Mission
Mars is far from Sun. That is why it is cold. Once upon a time, rivers used to flow here. Water is the first possibility of life.
In the year 2020, a lot of things had stopped on the earth, but even in those difficult times, there were some people who were doing their work. In 2020, the start of colonization on Mars or the mission to bring samples of the moon and Asteroids to Earth or the daring space mission of the private companies. 2020 called the new beginning of the era of space exploration. The first of these is the Mars missions.
Mars missions sent from time to time to find it. Also shipped in 2020. The right time to visit Mars is to be seen. This is called the “launch window”. About every 2 years, there comes a time when Mars is very close to Earth. During this time one can complete the mission in less time and fuel. The launch window in 2020 was in the month of July. During this time 3 countries launched their MARS missions.
Hope (United Arab Emirates) Mars Mission
Hope mission is the first mission launched by the Arab countries. The hope spacecraft launched on 19 July 2020 at 21:58 UTC.
- The mission was to establish an orbiter in the orbit of Mars.
- The mission launched by the UAE space agency Mohammed bin Rashid space center (MBRSC)
- The time duration is is 200 days and 20 hours or 2 years(planned).
- Mass of the Orbiter is 1350 kg.
- The Orbiter completes all its essential operation by the power generated by the solar panel fitted on it.
- Orbital launched using the rocket H-IIA from the Tanegashima, LD-1
- According to plant that the orbiter should established itself on the orbit of Mars on 9 February 2021.
- orbiter main mission is to study the Martian atmosphere along with its climate.
- gather information regarding daily and seasonal weather changes on Mars.
- This will study the weather events in the lower atmosphere of Mars which contains dust storms.
- how the weather condition changes with different regions of the Mars surface.
- why the oxygen and Hydrogen have been emitting in the space and drastic condition changes.
Ex:- Mars missions, Voyager missions.
Tianwen – 1 (Mars Mission)
In 2011 China launched its first Mars mission named Yinghou-1 with the help of Russian Spacecraft Fhobosgrunt, but due to some technical reasons, it failed. In 2020 China tried to again establish its presence on mars by sending important technology.
- * Chinese Mars mission contains an orbiter, lander, rover, and a deployable camera.
- * the rocket launched from Wenchang LC-101.
- The Mass of various components are as follows total weight 5000 Kg, Orbiter weight 3,175 Kg, Rover weight 250 Kg Lander weight 1585 Kg
- The mission launched on 23 July 2020.
- The rocket used in this mission was Long March 5 Heavy Lift Rocket.
- * This mission launched by the Chinese space agency CNSA( China National Space administration).
- As planned Orbiter will insert at Mars orbit on 10 Feb 2021.
* Lander and Rover will land on the Martian surface on May 2021 ( expected ).
* The location was chosen as the landing site in Utopia Planitia.
* The main aim of the mission is to
1) collect evidence regarding past and current life on Mars
2) generate Martian surface map.
3) find various components present in martian soil.
4) water ice distribution
5) read the Martian atmosphere particularly it’s ionosphere.
Read This Also:-
Mars 2020 (Mars Mission)
The USA also launched its Mars mission named “Mars 2020”. The mission is to land the rover on the Martian surface named as Perseverance.
- This mission launched on July 30, 2020.
- The mission also embedded with a Mars helicopter to test the flying conditions in the atmosphere of Mars.
- Mission was launched from the Florida based Cape Carnival Air Force Station.
- the main aim of the Rover is to find the signs of ancient life and collect the rock samples if possible to bring them to Earth.
- Rover will land at Jezero Crater of Mars.
- The perseverance Rover had a drill by which it will collect the soil and rock samples in a sealed pack tube which may bring them back to earth in future missions.
- The Rover will try to produce oxygen from Martian atmosphere.
- An expected landing on 18 Feb 2021.
Ingenuity: If the helicopter would fly on Mars it will become the next big achievement for humanity. The main aim is to test the condition of Martian atmosphere for flight.
The mars mission includes the hard work of many intelligent peoples. They give their best to make the mission possible. They work day and night to fulfill the mission. Hence we hope that all the 3 mars missions of the USA, UAE, and China should Succeed.